WordPress 3.8 “Parker” was released 12th December 2013.
Every release of WordPress excites me but this one is so special for me and I’m not even sure how I can ever describe. Why? Because it shipped with the default theme for 2014 – Twenty Fourteen, the theme I designed with Lance Willett and Konstantin Obenland.
As a WordPress themer, I am absolutely honored to be able to contribute back to WordPress doing what I love the most.
Twenty Fourteen Theme
Twenty Fourteen Demo →
I have to be honest, I’m ridiculously happy to see myself as a contributing developer with many friends on the credits page. w00t!!
I’d like to thank the team lead, Lance for leading me through this amazing journey, I couldn’t ask anything more. Also the teammate, Konstantin for tons of under-the-hood improvements. And lastly but not least, thank you to all contributors.
The last month, I was taken a photo with Ian Stewart on our recent trip to London. I’d like to thank him also for believing in me.
Not only Twenty Fourteen, WordPress 3.8 also has tons of amazing features and improvements. Read more about WordPress 3.8 “Parker”.
Confit — a WordPress theme which I worked on with talented co-workers at Automattic has finally launched!
I’m sure you have also but I’ve seen enough terrible restaurants’ websites, and especially when they are viewed from mobile… not all but they are tragic in many cases.
I hope this theme helps restaurants’ owners to have stylish yet easy to maintain websites. The followings are the main features of the theme.
- Showcase your restaurant’s delicious food and cool interior with full page background image.
- Easy food menu – Add your menu items all at once, or edit them on the fly within your Food Menu. You can also upload a PDF.
- Optimised for mobiles and small screen devices.
- Grab your Open Table code form there and add it to your sidebar using the OpenTable widget.
- Thanks to the Contact info widget, you can place the information your customers most need – Map, Telephone Number (Clickable to call on mobile!), Opening Hours right into the sidebar
Check out more info about Confit on the theme showcase page and the announcement post on WordPress.com News.
So, if you are thinking about building a website for your restaurant or café, visit wordpress.com/restaurants to see how easy to setup a stylish restaurant site with Confit on WordPress.com is.